Visit Barrett & Geiss for Board-Certified Cosmetic Dermatology Treatments
What is Cosmetic Dermatology?
Interested in younger, fresher looking skin? Plumper lips? Higher cheekbones? The procedures that comprise cosmetic dermatology are designed to help you look your best. They can be applied directly to the skin itself or they can focus on the structures that lie underneath the skin. Our team at Barrett & Geiss Dermatology in Lancaster and Granville, Ohio, offers a full range of procedures that can help you look the way you want.
There are a number of procedures to choose from, each of which delivers different results. We’ll consult with you to determine the best procedures to accomplish your goals. Contact us in Lancaster (Botox treatment only) at 740-687-1177 or in Granville (all cosmetic dermatology services) at 740-587-3376 to schedule a consultation today!
Cosmetic Dermatology FAQs
Cosmetic dermatology is a branch of general dermatology that includes many different procedures that help you look your best. These treatments range from injectables (such as Botox and dermal fillers) to chemical peels, dermaplaning, and microblading. Cosmetic dermatology can help improve wrinkles, scars, fine lines, pitted skin, acne and acne scars, age spots, and many other imperfections that impact your appearance.
Our team can provide a full suite of procedures designed to address a wide range of imperfections. Cosmetic dermatology at Barrett & Geiss includes the following:
- Botox – Botox is a safe and effective treatment for the fine lines, wrinkles, and creases that appear with age. These conditions are created by contraction of the muscles that underlie the skin – Botox relaxes those muscles, resulting in a decrease in wrinkles and overall smoother skin.
- Dermal Fillers – While injectable like Botox, dermal fillers differ in that they consist of substances that underlie the skin to help reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles. They can also stimulate the body’s natural production of collagen and can help create plumper lips.
- Dermaplaning – This procedure removes the outer layers of skin, leaving new skin that looks younger and more radiant. Dermaplaning can also help in the reduction of acne scars and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Chemical Peels – Like dermaplaning, chemical peels remove the outer layer of skin. They are a time-tested procedure that reduces the appearance of acne, sun spots, scars, wrinkles, stretch marks, and fine lines.
- Microneedling – This procedure involves piercing the skin with extremely fine needles. Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling causes your body to produce more collagen and elastin and can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and stretch marks, while also addressing skin pigmentation issues such as sun spots and hyperpigmentation.
Each of the procedures has its own recovery period, but most involve little to no downtime. All cosmetic dermatology is performed by members of our team in our Lancaster and Granville offices. During your initial consultation, we’ll discuss the treatment plan with you so you’ll know how to plan for your procedure.
Absolutely. While there is risk with any medical procedure all the procedures we perform are time-tested and widely used by dermatologists across the country and the world. We use FDA approved treatments developed for safe application.
It depends on the procedure. The results of Botox, for example, typically last anywhere from 3-4 months, and is thus best delivered via an ongoing treatment plan. Other procedure results can last up to two years. We’ll discuss all your options and potential treatment schedules during your consultation.
Before and After Cosmetic Dermatology
Cosmetic dermatology encompasses a wide range of procedures designed to help you enjoy fresher looking skin, plumper lips, and a reduced appearance of scars and other imperfections. Here are a number of before and after photos to help you see which procedure may work best for you:
Contact Barrett & Geiss for Cosmetic Dermatology
Are you ready to look your best? We’d love to explore the possibilities with you! Call to schedule a consultation either at our Lancaster or Granville office. You can reach us via phone at 740-687-1177 Lancaster office or 740-587-3376 for our Granville Office or by using our online contact form.